Monday, September 12, 2016

The Dahlia Blooms

Every season has its own flower that comes into bloom.
At the end of summer I am always trying to figure what we can 
have blooming. 
 So, I plant dahlia tubers late so I can have something 
beautiful to look at.  Plant your tubers in June and
in the fall enjoy the presence of The Dahlia.
I know it is a long wait, but you will not be sorry.

The Dahlia is a perennial grown from a tuber that you plant 
like a bulb.   It can grow 3 feet tall and will bloom until frost.
The one draw back is you will need to dig your tuber up and
store it over the winter.

Dinner Plate Dahlia(which is in the photo)


I think that is my goal in growing flowers, to grow
a flower that has beauty.
The other part of growing flowers is to share with other people
who may want to have beauty in their own yards or on their
kitchen counter as cut flowers.
Have you ever looked at gardening as a way to express art?
Claude Monet was an Impressionist painter, he was one of those people I always admired.
He painted some of the most amazing pictures, but he also had an 
amazing garden.
Dahlia Painting by Claude Monet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer in the Garden

Summer Flowers It never amazes me how hard we work through Spring for our Summer flowers. Zinnias, Sunflowers and of course Dahlia...