Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Natural Pollinators

Sarah Raven Part Three

This is the last of the series that were sharing from Sarah Raven series on natural pollinators.
What was amazing about this series is she shows how we desperately need to start growing more plants that bees and other pollinators are attracted to. Dahlia's are one of my specialties so I was really watching to see which ones were used on this project. As the Dahlia's went into her annual wild flower mix as the one flower that was not from the seed mixture.  Of course Dahlia's are a show stopper so of course they were a winner from the polls they ran from people that came into contact with the garden.


 One of my plans is to implement a plan to go around my garden with a strip of wild flowers around the perimeter.  One of the things I think is going to help is keeping grasshoppers out of my garden.
I am hoping this will trick the grasshoppers and they won't lay their eggs inside the garden.
This has always been a problem since we moved to this old catle farm.
Here is the view from this years garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer in the Garden

Summer Flowers It never amazes me how hard we work through Spring for our Summer flowers. Zinnias, Sunflowers and of course Dahlia...